Eco friendly weddings don’t have to be expensive; in fact, they can be quite the opposite! You don’t need to go and buy new things made out of recycle product to be eco friendly, here are a few suggestions on how to make you wedding eco friendly and uber chic:
– Find a venue that allows you to have the ceremony and reception on the same site, that way guests don’t have to drive.
– Have more of an eclectic wedding and don’t worry if all the vases aren’t the same. Go to a second hand store and buy vases or to a antique store to purchase some – or even, my favorite go garage saleing!
– Use recycled paper for your invitations. It’s not hard to find anymore, and comes in array of colors and textures.
– Create a wedding website instead of having several inserts.
– Use local vendors; don’t fly a photographer in from Toronto for your Edmonton wedding.
– Edible or Plant favors. These are more eco friendly as most guests will use them, plus they weren’t shipped from across the world and made in a polluting factory.
– Have group transportation for photos, to and from the reception. This is fabulous especially if your reception is in a little known location.
– Rent or buy and resell items instead of having single use items (i.e cutlery, glasses)
– Make stuff. Plain and simple instead of buying your escort cards/décor/table numbers/favors make them. You might not be able to make everything but a little bit of a personal touch goes a long way.
– Have a smaller wedding.
Julianne Cragg | Edmonton Wedding Planner
A Modern Proposal Event Planning
o: 780.760.1466 | c: 780.901.5630