They can be very exciting and extremely overwhelming. Bridal shows come to Edmonton in September and then again in January.
Here are some tips on how to survive bridal shows if you choose to attend:
1. Go early. Earlier you go the less line ups and there will still be ‘freebies’ and fliers, also vendors have more time to talk to you. Also if you plan on booking a vendor at the show (not recommended) then your date may still be available.
2. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes; it’s not a fashion show.
3. Pre plan. Pre plan your route through the halls, and your transportation to the event. They tend to hike up parking prices and parking can be very limited.
3. Bring a bag. Not only a bag but a bag with bottles of water, and some snacks. The food at these events is usually price, not healthy and poorly cooked.
4. Create a free email account prior to going to the event, and use that email address to enter into draws. You will be spammed by vendors, sometimes even two years after you attended.
5. Pre-do little labels with your name and email address (refer to point #4), and mailing address. If you put your phone number, they will call you.
6. Bring a camera or iPhone to take photos, but remember to ask the vendor if it is okay for you to take pictures, that way if you see something you like you won’t have a hard time explaining it.
Finally only take fliers from companies you are truly interested in because it will only cause a headache for you to sort through at the end.