Planning decor is usually the most fun when it comes to weddings, but there are several things you need to remember before you start looking at flowers and linens.
1. Take a look on the internet first, find some photos of items you like instead of having to try and describe it to the rental company. Pictures help immensely. I recommend starting a Pinterest account.
2. Ask your venue what is allowed and let them know what you were thinking, avoid any surprises on the day of when they ask you to remove some of your decor.
3. When choosing your flowers, keep in mind florists can only do so much about the colour of the flowers. Some flowers can be sprayed but some cannot. There are thing sour of the control of your florist, like frost or UPS messing up. It happens. Not every time, not most of the time, but it can happen. Also remember the time of year you are being married in, as some flowers aren’t available.
4. Linens, are another item you have to take the colour as it is. With linens they fade, or they may not be in the same dye lot as the rest so they may be slightly off. Not several shades off but slightly. Also with linens if you are looking to match your bridesmaid dresses to the exact shade of purple, you may be out of luck if budget is a concern as well. With no budget, you can import any linen you’d like.
5. Also for linens don’t forget you’ll want to dress up more than just the guest tables, but the head table, cake, guestbook, and perhaps your candy/sweet table.
6. Check around for prices, chair covers and a tie can cost just as much as a pretty chair. Pretty chairs a much less work too!
7. Finally, you need to remember to think about how everything is getting to the reception venue, how it is being set up and removed (most venues require same night take down), and how it is getting back to the supplier.
Julianne Cragg | Edmonton Wedding Planner
A Modern Proposal Event Planning