WEDDING DRESS SHOPPING || EDMONTON WEDDING PLANNER
The first thing on many bride’s lists is shopping for their dream dress, and I can’t blame you it can be fun – but it can be stressful as well, so here are a few tips to keep in mind when bridal dress shopping.
1. Make appointments! The best way to enjoy your experience is to book appointments in advance, this will ensure you will have a fitting room and a dedicated employee to assist you. They generally help more than one at once, however, if you walk into a store they generally can’t help too much as they have booked appointments.
2. Don’t bring everyone. Trust me, not worth it. Have you seen “Say Yes to the Dress”? Of course you have! The bride brings her friends with good intentions and then it turns out they hate her style and talk her down out of her dress and then there’s bickering back and forth. That’s normal, limit it to three people. You don’t need more, take photos and send them after, plus if everyone in the bridal store brought 10 people there wouldn’t be any room to walk around.
3. It’s just a number. Yes, I’m talking about the size. You will go up in wedding dress sizes from your normal pant sizes generally 2-4 sizes, so be prepared. It’s an emotional time and the last thing you want to do is go up in size, 99.9% of brides go up in size, it’s just the way the dresses are made. Another thing about size is go with the recommended size, don’t order two sizes smaller, you’re sabotaging yourself. Dresses can be taken in, but not let out very much at all.
4. It takes 6-9 months to order. Generally only six months, but it could take more so be prepared to order early and wait.
5. Trust your bridal consultant! Does it look awful on the hanger and she’s suggesting it? Trust me, try it. They have seen that dress on so many brides and body shapes they know who it fits best. My own wedding dress I wouldn’t have tried on based on how it looked on the hanger. It was the perfect dress for me.
PHOTO CREDIT: ENV PHOTOGRAPHY
Happy dress shopping!
Julianne Cragg | Edmonton Wedding Planner
A Modern Proposal Event Planning
EST. 2008 Edmonton Wedding Planner | Banff Wedding Planner | Canmore Wedding Planner | Cochrane Wedding Planner | Emerald Lake Wedding Planner | Golden Wedding Planner | Jasper Wedding Planner | Lake Louise Wedding Planner | Mountain Elopements | Moraine Lake Wedding Planner | Nordegg Wedding Planner